Friday, February 4, 2011

Nursery, per Mom's Request - nay, Mom's DEMAND


The walls of the nursery are blue, and all of the furniture is white. I wanted to bring in some pink to make it girlier, of course, so I selected the candy pink dandelion fabric to make the crib quilt. It will be backed with the damask. I am also going to make the crib skirt, just using a plain white broadcloth and use the damask in the peek-a-boo pleat... unless someone convinces me that it should be done entirely in the damask. I may or may not need window treatments, depending on how the interior shutters look once they are installed. I also plan to make a throw pillow or 2 for the glider, using some complimentary fabric from the same collection as the quilt. The mirrors and lamp are from my Target registry, and I am currently campaigning for that Ikea lamp - how perfectly it matches the blanket! Now I just have to convince Brett... We also already have the pictures, and I like the idea of using ribbon to hang them, similar to the mirrors.

No comments: