Monday, January 31, 2011

I am a bad bad blogger. Plus, baby things!

So I see I haven't blogged since ... 2008. That's a mighty long time! Maybe with the baby coming I will be a better blogger so I can post pictures. Or a worse blogger because I am trying to survive with a newborn ... we shall see!

I am really excited today - the fabric I ordered for the baby's room just arrived. I am going to make a baby blanket with it - the dandelions on the front, and the damask on the back. I am so happy with this fabric - I was worried about buying it online and not seeing the colors as they are in real life, but I love it. It's like a strawberry pink and white. I am going to attempt to make a quilt with a self facing. Fingers crossed it turns out as fabulous as it looks in my head.



I currently am in the process of making myself a dress for my baby shower. I am using Butterick pattern B454, and hopefully modifying it enough to accommodate my perfectly round basketball sized bump.



Cute, right? It's in a solid dark aubergine knit - I think it should turn out well, especially since it's a wrap dress - very forgiving. Pair it with black tights and I really think I need these booties to go with it, don't you? Smashing! I might have to make myself a polyvore set for future reference... stay tuned.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Love the blanket and the dress. I'm thinking the shoes will look too clunky with this dress. Like shoes, just not with that dress.